Tuesday, July 7, 2009
As always, we encourage musicans to bring their instruments to jam out during our gallery openings.
We apologize for any inconvenience and look forward to seeing you August 7th.
Saturday, May 23, 2009
Celebrating the one year anniversary of Label Yourself
and ReFashion Designer, Crys Lappie's birthday.
When: June 6th during Gallery Hop
Time: First Fashion Show starts at 730P
Second Fashion Show begins at 9P
*Each fashion show will feature different pieces from Label Yourself
Where: Monkeys Retreat in the Short North on 5th and High St.
Music: Vegas 66 will be playing live during our two shows and play a full set in between the shows
Poetry: Sherelle Brown will be doing a spoken word piece during the 9P show
Fashion & Art: ReFashion Designer, Crys Lappie, will be showing her original wearable GREEN fashions
Rockabilly hairstyles will be provided by Leilani Gerlach from the Salon Lofts
Hot red lips will be provided by make-up artists, Shavaughn Byrd & Katie Harman
This is a free event during Gallery Hop. Show up early to get a good spot.
Saturday, May 2, 2009
Label Yourself is a GREEN redesigned fashion line created by ReFashion Designer, Crys Lappie. We create original wearable art using hand drawn, hand cut stencils that we hand paint on recycled clothing and fabrics. We add details to these one of a kind fashions with vintage and industrial buttons. We redesign clothing for women, men and children.
Our clothing line is about expressing your inner beauty through fashion. We currently have 9 collections to express your personality including; Fierce, Oh Deer I'm Beautiful, Drop Dead Gorgeous, Wild, Dangerous, Moody, Classic, Smokin Hot and Free Spirit.
We are now a GREEN Spot Company. This program was founded by Mayor Coleman. It is an easy GREEN program to help families and businesses become more green, which helps our community and our earth.
- Hosted by Etsy Columbus Team
- Held at the Whetstone Community Center at 3923 North High St, Columbus, OH 43214
- Label Yourself will have a booth selling our original wearable art, purses, our popular vintage tie belts & hand made jewelry
Rockabilly Runway Fashion Show at Monkeys Retreat: June 6
- Label Yourself is having two runway shows at Monkeys Retreat during Gallery Hop at 730P and 9P
- We will be celebrating our 1 year anniversary
- ReFashion Designer, Crys Lappie, will be celebrating her birthday
- Vegas 66, a hot rockabilly band, will be playing live during our runway shows plus play a full set in between the fashion shows
- Monkeys Retreat will be selling our original wearable art in their Short North store
- We create original clothing on quality recycled fabrics and clothing
- We reduce waste by using every piece of fabric or materials that are donated to us
- We reuse brown paper grocery bags for our clothing tags
- We have an energy saving washer & dryer to clean all the recycled fabrics that come through our door (using cold water)
- We conserve energy by unplugging our computer and cell phones when not in use
- We only use recycled paper to print business info
- We reuse newspapers for packing material
- We leave the lights turned off during the day and use the sun's natural light
- We encourage models to carpool to shows and photo shoots
- We give a discount on our redesigned fashions to people who gives us donations we can use for our clothing line
- We use rain water to water our beautiful plants
- We buy locally
- We support Organic Farmers
Label Yourself Studio
Our fashion studio is open by appointment. You can call 614-787-3019 to make an appointment to see our fashion line or book a GREEN party. For your convenience, we have a dressing room available for trying on our one of a kind GREEN fashions.
Donating to Label Yourself
Please call our studio to set up a time to drop off donations. We give discounts for people who donate to our company.
Our studio is available for your next party. We create a party or event perfect for you and your friends. Call our studio at 614-787-3019 for more info.
- Bridal Showers: Create a new redesigned fashion for the bride to be while sipping on wine and enjoying a cheese platter.
- Baby Showers: Redesign a baby gift for the mommy to be. New mommies love hand made fashions.
- Kid's Birthday Parties: Kids can use our paints and stencils to create their own one of a kind fashion.
- Red Carpet Parties: Fun for kids who want to feel like a model or celebrity. Each kid will create a red carpet fashion and have a fashion show to show off their new green fashions
- GREEN T Parties: Create a GREEN redesigned fashion using our paints and stencils while sipping on green tea
- Girls Night Out: Skip the bar scene and redesign hot fashions while sipping on wine and nibbling on cheese
Label Yourself Models
Label Yourself is proud to have real people as models for our GREEN redesigned line. Some of them are aspiring models, artist, photographers, musicians or even some that work the 9-5. Our photographer, Eric Lappie, never air brushes or touches up any of our photos.
Label Yourself Online
We have an online store where you can purchase our GREEN redesigned fashions at labelyourself.etsy.com
You can also find info regarding our company at myspace.com/cryslappie